A native of Keelung, Taiwan, Jiang Yi-huah graduated from the Department of Political Science of National Taiwan University and earned his doctorate in political science from Yale University. Jiang served as minister of the Research, Development and Evaluation Commission, minister of the interior, and vice premier before being appointed premier.
- 2013.04.10Execution of the Taipei-Tokyo Fisheries Agreement.
- 2013.04.20The Wugu-Yangmei Overpass on National Freeway No. 1 is opened.
- 2013.04.29The Executive Yuan approves the free economic pilot zone program.
- 2013.05.03The Executive Yuan approves the merger of Taoyuan City and Taoyuan County into a special municipality, set to take effect December 25, 2014.
- 2013.07.10The Agreement between New Zealand and the Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu on Economic Cooperation is signed.
- 2013.09.26The Executive Yuan approves the second phase of a project to reshape technical and vocational education.
- 2013.11.07The Agreement between Singapore and the Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu on Economic Partnership is signed.
- 2014.02.10The Executive Yuan approves the Integrated Program to Cultivate, Retain, and Attract Talent.
- 2014.05.28The Executive Yuan promotes the “Taiwan 368 Care Services Plan” to provide adult day care services in each of Taiwan’s 368 townships, cities and districts.
- 2014.07.16The electrified Hualien-Taitung railway begins service.
- 2014.08.19The Executive Yuan approves the HeadStart Taiwan Project.
- 2014.09.04The Executive Yuan approves an action plan to promote social enterprises.
- 2014.10.13The Executive Yuan approves the Industrial Upgrading and Transformation Action Plan.