2012.02.06 - 2013.02.18
A native of Fuzhou, Fujian, Sean Chen also served as deputy minister of finance, minister of the Financial Supervisory Commission, vice premier, and senior adviser to the president.
- 2012.03.20The Executive Yuan approves the High-Value Petrochemical Industry Promotion Project.
- 2012.07.19The Executive Yuan approves a project to strengthen the development of basic industrial technologies.
- 2012.08.01A national registry for the actual prices of real estate property transactions is implemented.
- 2012.08.31The ROC Central Bank announces the signing of the Memorandum on Cross-strait Currency Clearing Cooperation with mainland China, paving the way for domestic banks to conduct renminbi business beginning February 6, 2013.
- 2012.09.11The Executive Yuan announces the Economic Power-Up Plan to promote industrial innovation and stimulate markets.
- 2012.10.02The U.S. announces Taiwan’s membership in its Visa Waiver Program, making Taiwan the world’s 37th and Asia’s seventh country to receive the privilege.
- 2012.10.08The Executive Yuan approves the Mittelstand Upgrading Project to nurture industry-leading small and medium-sized enterprises.
- 2012.12.31Became an official member of the The Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/S).
- 2013.01.01The second-generation National Health Insurance program is implemented. Taiwan becomes a member of the Pharmaceutical Inspection Convention and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme.